Powerful imagery here: http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7a257abbdc5ffa7c7d9bf9b5f&id=179b3e4f07
To help recap the milestones, here are some of the top education stories:
- March- Arne Duncan visits Delaware on Race to the Top 2nd anniversary
- April- Ernie Dianastasis becomes new chair of Vision 2015
- April- The News Journal’s Imagine Delaware article series and forum
- May- Delaware granted ESEA waiver
- May- Office of Early Learning established with Harriet Dichter as Executive Director
- June- First cohort of the Delaware Leadership Project graduates
- June- Mark Murphy becomes new Delaware Education Secretary
- July- Legislative session closes
- August- State assessment scores exceed goals with schools “beating the odds”
- August- Inaugural iEducate Delaware finalists announced
- August- Early Learners Survey launched
- September- Delaware progresses on Common Core
- September- Launch of the Delaware Education Insight Portal
- October- Annual Vision 2015 conference
- November- Delaware districts create plans for federal grant
- December- Delaware Talent Cooperative expandedLooking ahead to 2013, we are excited about Delaware’s progress. More than two-thirds of the Vision 2015 recommendations are in motion, a tribute to our state’s collective willingness to provide every child with a world-class education – no matter his or her zip code. While this work is not flashy or fast, it’s moving forward with great momentum and purpose. We are indebted to the dedicated educators, parents and community leaders who have come together to consistently put children first.
We have a unique opportunity to make a difference for the next generation and those that will follow. It’s up to all of us to keep pushing forward – celebrating our successes and learning from our challenges. We thank you for your contributions to this effort.
Have a wonderful holiday season!